It’s taken over 30 years, but what started as a single restaurant back in Indiana has now grown into over 5000 Papa John’s restaurants serving up ‘a Better Pizza’ to delighted customers in 48 countries. And we continue to push ahead and develop, trying to always bring in new ideas to improve what we do.
Over 30 years in the making…
- 1985 The First Papa John's Opens in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- 1986 – 1992 We Sell our First Franchise and Grow to 100 Restaurants.
- 1993 – 1999 Initial Public Offering of shares in Papa John’s triggers a Period of Rapid Growth.
- 2001 The Birth of Online Ordering.
- 2006 Guinness World Record for our 7-year winning streak on customer satisfaction ratings
- 2009 Papa John's Long-lost Camaro is Found! Man receives $250,000 Finders Fee.
- 2010 Papa John's Becomes Official Pizza Sponsor of the NFL.
- 2014 We Celebrate our 30th Anniversary.
- 2020 Where we are Today:
Over 5000 restaurants worldwide in 48 countries and territories. We thank you, our valued customers, for once again voting us #1 in customer satisfaction in 2014.
Even after over 30 years, what makes Papa John's different is our drive to be the best. We continue to make investments in our ingredients for our customers and stay true to our vision — Better Ingredients. Better Pizza.